Abamune 300mg - Abacavir Sulfate Tablets Cipla
Brand Name: Abamune
Contents: Abacavir Sulfate 300mg
Manufacturer: Cipla Limited
Packing: Pack of 30 Tablets
ABOUT ABAMUNE ABACAVIR SULFATE 300mg
Abamune 300mg belongs to a group of medicines called nucleoside analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs). Abamune can cause a medication excessive response and serious rash. Individuals with a specific quality shape (allele) are at higher hazard. You may require a unique blood test before beginning Abacavir to check whether you have this allele.
Abacavir is an antiviral medicine that prevents human immunodeficiency virus
(HIV) from multiplying in your body. It is used to treat HIV, the virus that
can cause acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). It works by blocking the
function of reverse transcriptase, which inhibits replication of HIV thereby
decreasing its level in the blood. This medicine
is for adults and children who are at least 3 months old. This medicine is not
a cure for HIV or AIDS.
ABACAVIR COMMON SIDE EFFECTS:
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
Sleep problems, strange dreams; headache,
tiredness; nausea or vomiting;
changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist); or (in children) stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat, ear pain.
· It can cause other serious side effects that may not be signs of an allergic reaction. Call your doctor at once if you have: the first sign of any skin rash, no matter how mild; chest pain or pressure, pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder.
· Severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate;
· Liver problems--nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
· Signs of a new infection--fever, night sweats, swollen glands, mouth sores, diarrhea, stomach pain, weight loss;
Chest pain (especially when you breathe), dry
cough, wheezing, feeling short of breath;
cold sores, sores on your genital or anal area; rapid heart rate, feeling anxious or irritable, weakness or prickly feeling, problems with balance or eye movement.
Trouble speaking or swallowing, severe lower back
pain, loss of bladder or bowel control; or swelling in your neck or throat
(enlarged thyroid), menstrual changes, impotence.
ABAMUNE ABACAVIR TABLETS PRECAUTIONS:
· Before taking Abamune, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
· Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: liver problems (such as hepatitis B or C, or cirrhosis), kidney problems, alcohol use.
· Abacavir may increase your risk of a heart attack. Discuss the risks and benefits of treatment with your doctor and ways to lower your risk of heart disease.
· Tell your doctor if you have heart problems, if you smoke, or if you have other conditions that increase your risk of heart disease such as high blood pressure, diabetes, or high cholesterol levels.
During pregnancy, this medication should be used
only when clearly needed.
This medication passes into breast milk. Because breast milk can transmit HIV, do not breast-feed.
Ask your health care provider for more information.
MEDICATION STORAGE REQUIREMENTS:
Store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F); excursions permitted from 15° to 30°C (59° to 86°F).
Tell your doctor about all your current medicines and any you start or stop using, especially:
any other HIV medicines.
This document does not contain all possible interactions. Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.
We at MedsDelta: Trusted Medicine Supplier has come up with some facts and knowledge sourced from Internet and practitioners’ guidance. Rights, Service mark/Hallmark, Trade names of each medicine associated with the respected manufacturing Organisations. MedsDelta do not provide any medical opinion, body diagnose or treatment through their site. One should always take advice of the prescribed practitioner or doctor for any medical guidance and recommendation of any medicine they purchase. This is determined for Patients, Clinics, Doctors, Hospitals, Medical Institutions, Wholesale Supplier, Pharmacies, Resellers etc.