Brand Name: Norflox
Strength: 200mg / 400mg / 800mg
Manufactured By: Cipla Limited
Norflox is an antibiotic in a group of drugs called fluoroquinolones (flor-o-KWIN-o-lones). This medicine fights bacteria in the body.
MEDICINE USES :
Norfloxacin is used for treating bacterial infections. This antibiotic treats only bacterial infections. It will not work for viral infections (such as common cold, flu).
CIPLA NORFLOXACIN SIDE EFFECTS :
· Diarrhea; dizziness; headache; loss of appetite; nausea; stomach upset or cramps; vomiting.
· Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing;
· Tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue);
· Bloody or tarry stools; chest pain; dark urine or change in the amount of urine; decreased amount of urine;
· fainting; fever, chills, or unusual cough; hallucinations; hearing changes (eg, ringing in the ears, hearing loss); inability to move or bear weight on a joint or tendon area; irregular heartbeat; joint pain or swelling; moderate to severe sunburn;
· Mood or mental changes (eg, new or worsening anxiety, agitation, confusion, depression, restlessness, sleeplessness);
· Muscle pain or weakness; pain, soreness, redness, swelling, weakness, or bruising of a tendon or joint area;
· Pale stools; persistent sore throat.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
NORFLOX NORFLOXACIN TABLETS PRECAUTIONS :
Norflox may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or light-headedness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines.
Long-term or repeated use of Norflox may cause a second infection. Tell your doctor if signs of a second infection occur. Your medicine may need to be changed to treat this.
Avoid large amounts of food or drink that have caffeine (eg, chocolate, cocoa, coffee, cola, tea).
If you experience pain or swelling of a tendon or weakness or loss of use of a joint area, notify your doctor right away. Rest the area and avoid exercise until your doctor gives you instructions.
Lab tests, including complete blood cell counts and liver and kidney function, may be performed while you use Norflox. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of taking Norflox while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking this medicine.
This is not a complete list. Ask your health care provider for more information.
STORAGE REQUIREMENTS :
Store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted to 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F). Keep container tightly closed.
DRUG INTERACTIONS :
Antiarrhythmics (eg, amiodarone, disopyramide, dofetilide, quinidine , sotalol), cisapride, diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide), macrolide or ketolide antibiotics (eg, erythromycin, telithromycin), medicines for mental or mood disorders, medicines that may affect your heartbeat, phenothiazines (eg, chlorpromazine), or tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline) because the risk of serious side effects, including irregular heartbeat and other heart problems, may be increased. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure if any of your medicines may affect your heartbeat
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (eg, ibuprofen) because the risk of side effects, such as seizures, may be increased
Corticosteroids (eg, prednisone) because the risk of tendon damage may be increased
Probenecid because it may increase the risk of Norfloxacin's side effects
Nitrofurantoin because it may decrease Norfloxacin's effectiveness
This document does not contain all possible interactions. Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.
Tags: Norfloxacin Tablet