Acyclovir Cream 5gm
Brand Name: Acivir Cream
Contents: Acyclovir 5%w/w in a cream base
Manufacturer: Cipla Ltd
Packing: Tube of 5 gm
Cipla Acyclovir Cream Uses and Work
Acivir Cream is a herpes simplex virus (HSV) nucleoside analogue DNA polymerase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of recurrent herpes labialis (cold sores) in immunocompetent adults and adolescents 12 years of age and older. Acyclovir relates to a kind of medicine known as antivirals. It works by killing the growth of the virus and stop spreading to other parts of body. It is used to heal the sores and decrease signs like tingling, pain, burning, itching.
Indications for Acyclovir Cream
Acivir Cream should be applied 5 times per day for 4 days. Therapy should be initiated as early as possible following the onset of signs or symptoms of herpes labialis, i.e, during the prodrome or when lesions appear.For adolescents 12 years of age and older, the dosage is the same as in adults.
Acyclovir Cream Side Effects
· Cracked lips, burning, stinging, or flaky skin may occur.
· If any of these effects become worst, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
· Tell your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has understood the benefit to you is more than the risk of side effects.
· A lot of people using this medication do not have serious side effects. A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare.
Acyclovir Cream Precautions:
· Tell your doctor or pharmacist before using acyclovir if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other reactions.
· This product may contains inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems like rashes, itching etc
· Talk to your doctor for more details. Before using this medicine, tell your medical history.
· Before using this medication if you are pregnant tell your doctor.
· Avoid breastfeeding if you have sores on or near the breast.
Storage Requirements :
Keep Acyclovir Cream at cool n dry place. Keep it away from children.
Your specialist or drug specialist may as of now know about any conceivable medication collaborations and might screen you for them. Try not to begin, stop, or change the measurements of any drug before checking with your specialist or drug specialist first. Before utilizing this medicine, tell your specialist or drug specialist of all remedy and nonprescription/home grown items you may use. Keep a rundown of every one of your meds with you, and offer the rundown with your specialist and drug specialist.
We at MedsDelta: Trusted Medicine Supplier has come up with some facts and knowledge sourced from Internet and practitioners’ guidance. Rights, Service mark/Hallmark, Trade names of each medicine associated with the respected manufacturing Organisations. MedsDelta do not provide any medical opinion, body diagnose or treatment through their site. One should always take advice of the prescribed practitioner or doctor for any medical guidance and recommendation of any medicine they purchase. This is determined for Patients, Clinics, Doctors, Hospitals, Medical Institutions, Wholesale Supplier, Pharmacies, Resellers etc.