Decapeptyl Depot Triptorelin Injection
Brand Name: Decapeptyl Depot
Contents: Triptorelin Acetate
Manufactured By: Ferring Pharmaceuticals
ABOUT DECAPEPTYL DEPOT
Decapeptyl Depot 3.75mg Injection is a synthetic analogue of Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist. It contain active ingredient Triptorelin Acetate.The product have 3.69 mg/ml equivalent to 0.160 mmol/ml sodium after reconstitution.
Triptorelin is used for treating symptoms of advanced prostate cancer. This medication may be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor. It works by decreasing the production of certain hormones, which reduces testosterone levels in the body.
TRIPTORELIN ACETATE SIDE EFFECTS:
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
· Diarrhea; dizziness; Change in breast size; constipation; decreased sexual desire or ability; headache; hot flashes; itching, pain, redness, or swelling at the injection site; loss of appetite; nausea; sleeplessness; stomach discomfort; tiredness or weakness; vomiting.
· Severe allergic reactions Like rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness; back pain; blood in the urine or dark urine; bone pain; breast pain; burning, numbness, or tingling;
· Leg pain or tenderness; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or persistent sore throat; mood or mental changes like depression; painful urination; severe or persistent.
DECAPEPTYL TRIPTORELIN INJECTION PRECAUTIONS:
· Decapeptyl may cause dizziness or vision changes. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol r certain medicines. Use this medicine with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
· Lowering the amount of male hormones in the body may increase the risk of a certain type of irregular heartbeat (prolonged QT interval). Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
· Decapeptyl may raise your blood sugar. High blood sugar may make you feel confused, drowsy, or thirsty. It can also make you flush, breathe faster, or have a fruit-like breath odor. If these symptoms occur, tell your doctor right away.
· Rarely, a serious pituitary gland problem (pituitary apoplexy) may occur after you use Triptorelin. This serious problem usually occurs shortly after you begin to use this medication.
· Lab tests, including testosterone, prostate specific antigen (PSA) levels, hemoglobin A1c, or blood glucose, may be performed while you use Triptorelin. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
· PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Triptorelin may cause harm to the fetus. Do not become pregnant while you are using it. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while using this medicine.
Store this medication at room temperature between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Do not freeze.
Medicines that increase prolactin levels in the blood (eg, promethazine) because the effectiveness of Triptorelin may be decreased.
This document does not contain all possible interactions. Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.