Tykerb 250mg Lapatinib Tablets IP
Brand Name: Tykerb
Active Ingredient: Lapatinib
Manufactured By: GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals
Marketed By: Novartis
Strength: 250 mg
Packing: Pack of 30 Tablets
About Tykerb 250mg Tablets :
Tykerb 250mg is a targeted therapy. It is classified as a signal transduction inhibitor - tyrosine kinase inhibitor, an inhibitor of EGFR and HER2.
TYKERB 250mg USES :
Lapatinib 250mg Tablet is used together with another medication (Capecitabine) to treat a certain type of breast cancer (HER2-positive) that has not responded to the standard treatment. It may also be used together with another medication (letrozole) to treat HER2-positive breast cancer in women after menopause. It works by slowing or stopping the growth of cancer cells.
Lapatinib 250mg Tablets Side Effects :
Back pain; diarrhea; dry skin; fingernail or toenail changes; headache; indigestion; loss of appetite; mild hair loss or thinning; mouth sores; nausea; nosebleed; redness and tingling of the hands and feet; tiredness; trouble sleeping; vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; dark urine; dizziness or light-headedness; fast or irregular heartbeat; pale stools; persistent loss of appetite; severe or persistent cough; severe or persistent diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, or stomach cramping or pain; severe pain, redness, or swelling of the hands or feet; severe tiredness or weakness; shortness of breath; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual itching; yellowing of the eyes or skin.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
NOVARTIS LAPATINIB PRECAUTIONS :
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Tykerb before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Diarrhea is a common side effect of Tykerb. If you get diarrhea, call your doctor right away for instructions on how to treat it. Do not treat diarrhea without first checking with your doctor.
- A severe skin reaction (Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis) may happen. It can cause very bad health problems that may not go away, and sometimes death. Get medical help right away if you have symptoms like red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin (with or without fever); red or irritated eyes; or sores in your mouth, throat, nose, or eyes.
- Lab tests, including liver function, heart function, and complete blood cell counts, may be performed while you use Lapatinib. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Lapatinib may cause harm to the fetus. Do not become pregnant while you are using it. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking this medicine.
This is not a complete list. Ask your health care provider for more information.
STORAGE REQUIREMENT :
Store at room temperature of 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F).
DRUG INTERACTIONS :
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Lapatinib Tablets. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Antiarrhythmics (eg, amiodarone, quinidine), arsenic, astemizole, bepridil, chloroquine, cisapride, dofetilide, dolasetron, domperidone, droperidol, halofantrine, haloperidol, iloperidone, ketolides (eg, telithromycin), macrolide antibiotics (eg, erythromycin), maprotiline, methadone, paliperidone, pentamidine, phenothiazines (eg, thioridazine), pimozide, quinolone antibiotics (eg, ciprofloxacin), tacrolimus, terfenadine, toremifene, or ziprasidone because the risk of a certain type of irregular heartbeat (QT prolongation) may be increased
- Atazanavir, azole antifungals (eg, itraconazole, ketoconazole, posaconazole), nefazodone, protease inhibitors (eg, boceprevir, indinavir, ritonavir), or voriconazole because they may increase the risk of Lapatinib's side effects
- Carbamazepine, dexamethasone, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), nevirapine, phenobarbital, primidone, rifamycins (eg, rifampin) or St. John's wort because they may decrease Lapatinib's effectiveness
This document does not contain all possible interactions. Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.