Natdecita Decitabine 50 mg Injection
Brand Name: Natdecita
Active Ingredients: Decitabine
Strength: 50 mg I.V. Injection Form: Lyophilized powder in vial
Natdecita 50mg is a cancer medication that interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body. It is a type of drug called a hypomethylating agent. It works by switching off a protein called DNA methyltransferase. This switches on genes that stop the cancer cells growing and dividing.
MEDICINE USES :
Natco Decitabine is used to treat myelodysplastic syndromes (diseases of the blood and bone marrow; MDS) and certain types of anemia. It is an antineoplastic (cancer medicine).
DECITABINE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
headache, dizziness, drowsiness; nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea, constipation; cough, dry mouth; joint pain; or sleep problems (insomnia).
Call your doctor at once if you have:
fever, chills, body aches, cough, sore throat, flu symptoms;
easy bruising, unusual bleeding (nose, mouth, vagina, or rectum), purple or red pinpoint spots under your skin;
pale skin, feeling light-headed, rapid heart rate, trouble concentrating;
white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips; or
stabbing chest pain, wheezing, feeling short of breath, cough with yellow or green mucus;
swelling, pain, tenderness, or redness anywhere on your body; or
electrolyte imbalance (confusion, uneven heart rate, extreme thirst, increased urination, jerking muscle movements, leg discomfort, muscle weakness or limp feeling).
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
NATDECITA DECITABINE INJECTION PRECAUTIONS :
· Natdecita may cause dizziness or blurred vision. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use this medicine with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
· Natdecita may lower the ability of your body to fight infection. Avoid contact with people who have colds or infections. Tell your doctor if you notice signs of infection like fever, sore throat, rash, or chills.
· Decitabine may raise your blood sugar. High blood sugar may make you feel confused, drowsy, or thirsty. It can also make you flush, breathe faster, or have a fruit-like breath odor. If these symptoms occur, tell your doctor right away.
· Lab tests, including complete blood and platelet counts and liver and kidney function tests may be performed while you use it. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
· PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Decitabine may cause harm to the fetus. Do not become pregnant while you are using it and for 1 month after you stop using it. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while using it.
This is not a complete list. Ask your health care provider for more information.
STORAGE REQUIREMENTS :
Store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F); excursions permitted between 15° and 30°C (59° and 86°F)
DRUG INTERACTIONS :
Drug interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor's approval.