Perjeta Pertuzumab Injection
Brand Name: Perjeta 420mg/14mL
Content: Pertuzumab 420mg/14mL
Manufacturer: Genentech (A member of Roche Group)
Packing: Pack of 1 Vial
Perjeta Pertuzumab Injection Wholesale Price
PERJETA is a FDA-approved treatment for HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer.
Perjeta is called a monoclonal antibody. It works by attaching to the HER2 cancer cells and blocking them from dividing and growing. It may also destroy the cancer cells or signal the body (immune system) to destroy the cancer cells.
Pertuzumab MEDICINE USES :
Pertuzumab is used with other medications to treat certain types of breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body in patients who have not received treatment or chemotherapy. It is also used with other medications to treat early stage breast cancer in patients who will be having surgery to remove the cancer. The types of cancers Perjeta is used to treat are tumors that produce more than the normal amount of a certain substance called HER2 protein.
PERTUZUMAB COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
nausea, diarrhea; temporary hair loss; tired feeling; numbness or tingling in your hands or feet; or mild rash or itching.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
shortness of breath (even with mild exertion), swelling, rapid weight gain;
fever, swollen gums, painful mouth sores, pain when swallowing, skin sores, cold or flu symptoms, cough, trouble breathing;
easy bruising or bleeding (nosebleeds, bleeding gums); or
pale skin, feeling light-headed, rapid heart rate, trouble concentrating.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
PERJETA PERTUZUMAB VIAL PRECAUTIONS:
· Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: previous cancer treatments (including radiation therapy to the chest), heart disease, high blood pressure, previous severe reaction to monoclonal antibody treatment.
· Perjeta can make you more likely to get infections or may worsen any current infection. Avoid contact with people who have infections that may spread to others (such as chickenpox, measles, flu). Consult your doctor if you have been exposed to an infection or for more details.
· Do not have immunizations/vaccinations without the consent of your doctor. Avoid contact with people who have recently received live vaccines (such as flu vaccine inhaled through the nose).
· Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. You should not become pregnant while using Pertuzumab. This medication may harm an unborn baby.
· It is unknown if this medication passes into breast milk. Because of the possible risk to the infant, breast-feeding is not recommended while using this drug or for 7 months after the last dose. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.This is not a complete list. Ask your health care provider for more information.
STORAGE REQUIREMENTS :
Store vials in a refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F) until time of use. Keep vial in the outer carton in order to protect from light. DO NOT FREEZE. DO NOT SHAKE.
DRUG INTERACTIONS :
Drug interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor's approval.