Cytoplatin Injection Cisplatin
Cisplatin Cytoplatin Injection
Cipla Injection Details:
Brand Name: Cisplatin Injection
Manufacturer: Cipla Limited
Cytoplatin 50 MG Infusion is an anticancer agent which is used in the treatment of various cancers of the bladder, male and female reproductive system. It should be taken under the precriptions of well qualified Doctor. Close monitoring of kidney function and blood cell count are necessary while receiving this medication. Cytoplatin 50mg Injection works by inhibiting the growth of cancerous cells.
Cipla Cisplatin Injection is used for the treatment of Bladder cancer, Testicular cancer, ovarian cancer. It destroys the DNA of the cancerous cell and stop them to develop their growth.
CISPLATIN SIDE EFFECTS:
Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including:
· Decreased sense of taste; tired feeling; temporary hair loss; or pain, swelling, burning, or irritation around the IV needle.
· Pain/burning/redness at the injection site, numbness/tingling/coldness/blue discoloration of the hands or feet, loss of reflexes, loss of balance, trouble walking, muscle Cramps/spasms/weakness, neck or back pain, mouth or tongue sores.
· Joint pain, swollen legs or feet, mental/mood changes, headache, fast/irregular heartbeat, blood in urine, vomit that looks like coffee grounds, black or bloody stools, painful or difficult urination, lower back or side pain, vision changes.
CYTOPLATIN CISPLATIN INJECTION PRECAUTIONS:
· Before using Cisplatin, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or to carboplatin; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
· Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: kidney disease, decreased bone marrow function/blood cell disorders (e.g., anemia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia), hearing problems, mineral imbalance (low blood levels of sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphate), numbness/tingling of the hands/feet, kidney stones, gout.
· This drug is not recommended for use during pregnancy. It may cause harm to an unborn baby. Women of childbearing age should use reliable form(s) of birth control during treatment with this drug and for some time afterwards. Consult your doctor for more details.
· This drug passes into breast milk. Because of the potential risk to the infant, breast-feeding while using this drug is not recommended. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
· This medication can affect sperm production in men. Therefore, men should use a reliable form of birth control during treatment and for some time afterwards. Consult your doctor for more details.
MEDICATION STORAGE REQUIREMENTS :
Store at 20°Cto 25°C (68°F to 77°F).
DRUG INTERACTIONS :
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Cytoplatin. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
· Palifermin because the risk of increased severity and duration of mouth or tongue sores may be increased
· Medicines that may harm the kidney (eg, aminoglycoside antibiotics [eg, gentamicin], amphotericin B, cyclosporine, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs [NSAIDs] [eg, ibuprofen], tacrolimus, vancomycin) because the risk of kidney side effects may be increased. Ask your doctor if you are unsure if any of your medicines might harm the kidney.
· Bleomycin, iodine-containing radiopaque agents, or methotrexate because the risk of side effects may be increased
· Ondansetron because it may decrease Cisplatin's effectiveness.
· Carbamazepine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), or valproic acid because their effectiveness may be decreased by Cisplatin.
This document does not contain all possible interactions. Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.