Brand Name: Dacarex
Manufacturer: Alkem (Cytomed)
Strength Available: 100mg / 200mg / 500mg
WHAT IS DACAREX?
Dacarex is an antineoplastic agent. It is a cancer chemotherapy drug that is used alone or with other medications to slow or stop cancer cell growth.
MEDICINE USES :
Dacarbazine is used for treating certain types of cancer, such as skin cancer that has spread (metastatic malignant melanoma).
DACARBAZINE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
Facial flushing, numbness, or tingling; loss of appetite; metallic taste in mouth; muscle pain or weakness; nausea; temporary hair loss; vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); dark urine; fever, chills, or sore throat; joint pain; pain, redness, or swelling at injection site; severe nausea and vomiting; stomach pain; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual tiredness or weakness; yellowing of skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
SAFETY INFORMATION (Precautions) for DACAREX DACARBAZINE INJECTION :
- Dacarex may lower your body's ability to fight infection. Prevent infection by avoiding contact with people with colds or other infections. Notify your doctor of any signs of infection, including fever, sore throat, rashes, or chills.
- Dacarex may reduce the number of clot-forming cells (platelets) in your blood. To prevent bleeding, avoid situations in which bruising or injury may occur. Report any unusual bleeding, bruising, blood in stools, or dark, tarry stools to your doctor.
- Use of Dacarex may increase the risk of developing a second cancer. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
- Avoid vaccination with live virus vaccines (eg, measles, mumps, oral polio) while you are taking Dacarbazine. Vaccinations may be less effective.
- LAB TESTS, including blood cell counts and liver function tests, may be performed to monitor your progress or to check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Dacarbazine during pregnancy. It is unknown if this medicine is excreted in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Dacarbazine.
This is not a complete list. Ask your health care provider for more information.
MEDICATION STORAGE REQUIREMENTS :
Store in a refrigerator 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F).
DRUG INTERACTIONS :
Some products that may interact with this drug include: drugs that may decrease bone marrow function (e.g., azathioprine, trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole).
This document does not contain all possible interactions. Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.
We at MedsDelta: Trusted Medicine Supplier has come up with some facts and knowledge sourced from Internet and practitioners’ guidance. Rights, Service mark/Hallmark, Trade names of each medicine associated with the respected manufacturing Organisations. MedsDelta do not provide any medical opinion, body diagnose or treatment through their site. One should always take advice of the prescribed practitioner or doctor for any medical guidance and recommendation of any medicine they purchase. This is determined for Patients, Clinics, Doctors, Hospitals, Medical Institutions, Wholesale Supplier, Pharmacies, Resellers etc.