Daclitof Daclatasvir 60 mg Tablets
Brand Name: Daclitof
Content: Daclatasvir 60mg
Marketed by: Wockhardt Ltd.
Strength: 60 mg
Packing: 28 tablets in each pack.
WHAT IS DACLITOF ?
DACLITOF (Daclatasvir) is an antiviral medicine that prevents hepatitis C virus (HCV) from multiplying in your body.
Daclatasvir is used with another antiviral medication (sofosbuvir) to treat chronic (long-lasting) hepatitis C, a viral infection of the liver. These medications together reduce the amount of hepatitis C virus in your body, which helps your immune system fight the infection and may help your liver recover. Chronic hepatitis C infection can cause serious liver problems such as scarring (cirrhosis), or liver cancer.
DACLITOF COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
Tiredness, headache, nausea, or diarrhea may occur. If any of these effects last or get worse, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, get medical help right away if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
SAFETY INFORMATION (Precautions) :
· Before taking daclatasvir, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
· Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: kidney disease, liver disease other than hepatitis C.
· Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
· During pregnancy, daclatasvir should be used only when clearly needed. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor. Daclatasvir, in combination with ribavirin, must not be used during pregnancy by
· either the pregnant woman or her male partner. The combination may harm an unborn baby. Two reliable forms of birth control (such as condoms, birth control pills) must be used whenever at least one sexual partner is using these medicines together, and for six months after stopping treatment. If you or your partner becomes pregnant, or if you think you or your partner may be pregnant, tell your doctor right away.
· It is unknown if daclatasvir passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding. Breast-feeding is not recommended if daclatasvir is used in combination with ribavirin.
PROPER STORAGE OF DACLITOF :
Store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°C and 30°C (59°F and 86°F).
DACLITOF INTERACTIONS :
Amiodarone may interact with sofosbuvir. Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking amiodarone.
Other medications can affect the removal of daclatasvir from your body, which may affect how daclatasvir works. Examples include rifampin, St. John's wort, drugs used to treat seizures (such as carbamazepine, phenytoin), among others.
This document does not contain all possible drug interactions. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist.