Brand Name: Gardasil (Recombinant HPV Quadrivalent Vaccine)
Contents: GARDASIL PF-syringe: human papillomavirus vaccine type6 L1protien 20 mcg, human papillomavirus vaccine type11 L1protien 40 mcg, human papillomavirus vaccine type16 L1protien 40 mcg, human papillomavirus vaccine type18 L1protien 20 mcg/0.5 mL.
Form: Vaccine / Prefilled Syringe
Manufacturer: Merck (MSD)
Packing: 1 PFS
WHAT IS GARDASIL VACCINE ?
Gardasil Vaccine is a vaccine for use in the prevention of certain strains of human papillomavirus (HPV) specifically HPV types 6, 11, 16 and 18. Human papillomavirus (HPV) can cause genital warts, cancer of the cervix, anal cancer, and various cancers of the vulva or vagina.
MEDICINE USES :
Gardasil is used in girls and young women ages 9 through 26 to prevent cervical/vaginal/anal cancers caused by certain types of HPV. It is also used in boys and young men ages 9 through 26 to prevent anal cancer or genital warts caused by certain types of HPV. Like any vaccine, the Gardasil may not provide protection from disease in every person.
GARDASIL VACCINE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
pain, swelling, bruising, redness, or itching where the shot was given; nausea, vomiting; headache, dizziness; or fever.
Call your doctor at once if you have:
- severe stomach pain;
- fever, chills, swollen glands, general ill feeling;
- easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;
- joint pain, muscle pain or weakness;
- confusion, seizure (convulsions);
- chest pain; or
- feeling short of breath.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
SAFETY INFORMATION (Precautions) for GARDASIL VACCINE :
- Before receiving this vaccine, tell the health care professional if you are allergic to it; or to yeast; or to other vaccines; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your health care professional for more details.
- Before receiving this vaccination, tell your health care professional your medical history, especially of: immune system problems (such as HIV infection), bleeding disorders (such as hemophilia, thrombocytopenia), current fever/illness.
- This vaccine is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Consult your health care professional for more details.
- It is unknown if this vaccine passes into breast milk. Consult your health care professional before breast-feeding.
This is not a complete list. Ask your health care provider for more information.
MEDICATION STORAGE REQUIREMENTS :
Store refrigerated at 2 to 8°C (36 to 46°F). Do not freeze. Protect from light.
DRUG INTERACTIONS :
Some products that may interact with this vaccine include: "blood thinners" (such as warfarin), cancer chemotherapy, corticosteroids (such as prednisone, dexamethasone), drugs that weaken the immune system (such as cyclosporine, tacrolimus).
This document does not contain all possible interactions. Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.
Tags: Gardasil Vaccine
We at MedsDelta: Trusted Medicine Supplier has come up with some facts and knowledge sourced from Internet and practitioners’ guidance. Rights, Service mark/Hallmark, Trade names of each medicine associated with the respected manufacturing Organisations. MedsDelta do not provide any medical opinion, body diagnose or treatment through their site. One should always take advice of the prescribed practitioner or doctor for any medical guidance and recommendation of any medicine they purchase. This is determined for Patients, Clinics, Doctors, Hospitals, Medical Institutions, Wholesale Supplier, Pharmacies, Resellers etc.