Gleevec 400 mg Imatinib Novartis
Brand Name: Gleevec
Active Ingredients: Imatinib Mesylate
Manufactured by: Novartis Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Strength: 400 mg
Packing: Pack of 30 Tablets
GLIVEC is a chemotherapy drug that works by slowing or stopping the growth of cancer cells.
Gleevec is used for treating certain types of leukemia, certain bone marrow diseases, a certain type of skin cancer, and certain intestinal tumors (eg, gastrointestinal stromal tumors [GIST]). It may also be used to prevent cancer from growing in patients after surgical removal of GIST.
GLIVEC COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
Upset stomach, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, headache, muscle/joint pain, muscle cramps, dizziness, blurred vision, or drowsiness may occur. If any of these effects last or get worse, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including: easy bruising/bleeding, unusual tiredness, sudden/unexplained weight gain, swelling hands/ankles/feet/abdomen, swelling around the eyes, shortness of breath, fast heartbeat, black/bloody stools, vomit that looks like coffee grounds, symptoms of liver disease (such as nausea/vomiting that doesn't stop, loss of appetite, stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine).
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice any other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
SAFETY INFORMATION (Precautions) :
- Before taking imatinib, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: bleeding problems, heart problems (such as heart failure), kidney disease, liver disease, removal of thyroid gland.
- This drug may make you dizzy or drowsy or cause blurred vision. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness or clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely. Limit alcoholic beverages.
- Imatinib can make you more likely to get infections or may worsen any current infections. Avoid contact with people who have infections that may spread to others (such as chickenpox, measles, flu). Consult your doctor if you have been exposed to an infection or for more details.
- Do not have immunizations/vaccinations without the consent of your doctor. Avoid contact with people who have recently received live vaccines (such as flu vaccine inhaled through the nose).
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
- Older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug, especially swelling (edema).
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. You should not become pregnant while you are taking imatinib. Imatinib may harm an unborn baby. Ask about reliable forms of birth control while taking this medication. If you become pregnant while taking imatinib, talk to your doctor right away about the risks and benefits of this medication.
- This medication passes into breast milk. Because of possible risk to the infant, breast-feeding while using this drug is not recommended. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
PROPER STORAGE OF GLEEVEC :
Store at 20º to 25ºC (68º to 77ºF); excursions permitted to 15 to 30ºC (59 to 86ºF)
GLIVEC INTERACTIONS :
Gleevec can interact with other medications, vitamins, or herbs you may be taking. An interaction is when a substance changes the way a drug works. This can be harmful or prevent the drug from working well.
To help avoid interactions, your doctor should manage all of your medications carefully. Be sure to tell your doctor about all medications, vitamins, or herbs you’re taking. To find out how this drug might interact with something else you’re taking, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
We at MedsDelta: Trusted Medicine Supplier has come up with some facts and knowledge sourced from Internet and practitioners’ guidance. Rights, Service mark/Hallmark, Trade names of each medicine associated with the respected manufacturing Organisations. MedsDelta do not provide any medical opinion, body diagnose or treatment through their site. One should always take advice of the prescribed practitioner or doctor for any medical guidance and recommendation of any medicine they purchase. This is determined for Patients, Clinics, Doctors, Hospitals, Medical Institutions, Wholesale Supplier, Pharmacies, Resellers etc.