Ataclip - Atazanavir/Ritonavir Tablet
Ataclip Atazanavir sulfate 300mg/Ritonavir 100 mg Tablets
Ataclip Tablets Specification
Brand Name : Ataclip
Contents : Atazanavir sulfate 300mg + Ritonavir 100 mg
Form : Tablets
Manufacturer : Abbott
Packing : Pack of 30 Tablets
Atazanavir belongs to a group of medication called azapeptide HIV-1 protease inhibitor. It inhibits some viral polypeptides in the HIV-1 infected cells of the body and inhibits and prevents maturation of virus in the cells. This medication does not cure HIV infections; it decreases the risks of developing acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) and other HIV-related illnesses due to compromised immunity. Ritonavir belongs to a class of medication called protease inhibitors. It prevents HIV from multiplying inside the body.
MEDICINE USES :
Atazanavir is used in combination with other anti-retroviral medicines for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1) infection. Ritonavir is used along with other medication for treating human immunodeficiency virus (HIV 1) infection. It does not completely cure HIV or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
ATAZANAVIR/RITONAVIR SIDE EFFECTS :
· nausea, vomiting, stomach pain; muscle pain, mild itching or rash; headache, dizziness, depressed mood, sleep problems (insomnia);
· Numbness or burning pain in your hands or feet; or changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist).
· Atazanavir/Ritonavir may increase your risk of certain infections or autoimmune disorders by changing the way your immune system works. Symptoms may occur weeks or months after you start treatment with these.
· signs of a new infection--fever, night sweats, swollen glands, diarrhea, stomach pain, weight loss; chest pain (especially when you breathe), dry cough, wheezing, feeling short of breath;
· cold sores, sores on your genital or anal area; rapid heart rate, feeling anxious or irritable, weakness or prickly feeling, problems with balance or eye movement;
· trouble speaking or swallowing, severe lower back pain, loss of bladder or bowel control; or swelling in your neck or throat (enlarged thyroid), menstrual changes, impotence, loss of interest in sex.
· headache with chest pain and severe dizziness, fainting, fast or pounding heartbeats;
pain in your side or lower back, painful urination, blood in your urine;
jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
· severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
ATACLIP ATAZANAVIR/RITONAVIR TABLETS PRECAUTIONS :
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid spreading of HIV virus to others
- Consult a doctor if you have haemophilia or pancreatitis
- Kidney problems
- Liver problems or liver disease including hepatitis B or C
- Monitor glucose, lipid and
uric acid regularly
STORAGE REQUIREMENTS :
Store capsules at 25°C (77°F); excursions are permitted between 15°C and 30°C (59°F and 86°F).
DRUG INTERACTIONS :
Ataclip Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products: