Daruvir - Darunavir 300mg Tablets
Brand Name: Daruvir
Contents: Darunavir 300mg Tablets
Manufacturer: Cipla Limited
Packing: Pack of 60 Tablets
Daruvir 300mg is a protease (PRO-tee-ayz) inhibitor antiviral medicine that prevents human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) from multiplying in your body. It belongs to a class of drugs called protease inhibitors. It binds to and inhibits the activity of protease enzyme of HIV activity, thereby interfering with the multiplication and spread of HIV infection in the body.
MEDICINE USES :
Cipla Darunavir is used to treat HIV, the virus that can cause acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). It is not a cure for HIV or AIDS. It is combined with cobicistat/ low dose ritonavir, and used in combination with other antiretroviral (ART) drugs to treat human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection.
DARUNAVIR SIDE EFFECTS :
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain; headache; rash; or changes in the shape or location of body fat especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist.
- the first sign of any skin rash, no matter how mild; severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate;
- liver problems--upper stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- high blood sugar--increased thirst, increased urination, hunger, dry mouth, fruity breath odor, drowsiness, dry skin, blurred vision, weight loss; or
- severe skin reaction--fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin
- rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
- signs of a new infection--fever, night sweats, swollen glands, diarrhea, weight loss;
- chest pain (especially when you breathe), dry cough, wheezing, feeling short of breath;
SAFETY INFORMATION (Precautions) for DARUVIR DARUNAVIR TABLETS :
Hemophilia patients - Some people with hemophilia have developed increased bleeding while taking protease inhibitors, such as Daruvir. Report all bleeding episodes to your doctor.
Daruvir may raise your blood sugar. High blood sugar may make you feel confused, drowsy, or thirsty. It can also make you flush, breathe faster, or have a fruit-like breath odor. If these symptoms occur, tell your doctor right away.
Diabetes patients - Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
Lab tests, including liver function, blood cholesterol, triglyceride, and blood glucose levels, may be performed while you take Daruvir. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
PREGNANCY AND BREAST-FEEDING: You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of taking this medicine while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking this medicine. Mothers infected with HIV should not breast-feed. There is a risk of passing the HIV infection or Darunavir to the baby.
This is not a complete list. Ask your health care provider for more information.
MEDICATION STORAGE REQUIREMENTS :
Store at 25°C (77°F); excursions are permitted between 15°C and 30°C (59°F and 86°F).
DRUG INTERACTIONS :
Many other prescription and nonprescription medicines (eg, used for asthma or other lung or breathing problems, birth control, blood thinning, depression or other mental or mood problems, drug or other substance dependence, enlarged prostate, erectile dysfunction, gout, glaucoma or increased pressure in the eyes, heartburn, hepatitis C infection, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, HIV infection, immune system suppression, infections, inflammation, irregular heartbeat or other heart problems, migraine headaches, PAH, pain, seizures, sleeping problems), because they may interact with Darunavir. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure if any of your medicines might interact with Darunavir.
We at MedsDelta: Trusted Medicine Supplier has come up with some facts and knowledge sourced from Internet and practitioners’ guidance. Rights, Service mark/Hallmark, Trade names of each medicine associated with the respected manufacturing Organisations. MedsDelta do not provide any medical opinion, body diagnose or treatment through their site. One should always take advice of the prescribed practitioner or doctor for any medical guidance and recommendation of any medicine they purchase. This is determined for Patients, Clinics, Doctors, Hospitals, Medical Institutions, Wholesale Supplier, Pharmacies, Resellers etc.