Melphalan 50mg Megval Injection
Megval Melphalan Injection
MEGVAL MELPHALAN INJECTION SPECIFICATION:
Brand Name : Megval
Composition : Melphalan
Manufactured by : Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Strength : 50mg
Form : Lyophilized Powder
Packing : Pack of 1 Vial
ABOUT MEGVAL MELPHALAN INJECTION:
MEGVAL for Injection is provided as a sterile, nonpyrogenic, solidify dried powder. Each single-utilize vial contains melphalan hydrochloride equal to 50 mg melphalan and 20 mg povidone. MEGVAL for Injection is reconstituted utilizing the sterile diluent gave. Every vial of sterile diluent has sodium citrate 0.2 g, propylene glycol 6.0 ml, ethanol (96%) 0.52 ml, and Water for Injection to an aggregate of 10 ml. It is directed by veins.
Melphalan is a bifunctional alkylating agent that is active against selected human neoplastic diseases. Melphalan is utilized in the treatment of cancer chemotherapeutic agents. In the chemotherapy it kills the cancer cells and blocks their supplements to develop and spread their growth. It is also used in:
Multiple myeloma - a cancer that develops from cells in the bone marrow called plasma cells. Plasma cells help to fight infection and disease by producing antibodies
Advanced cancer of the ovaries: Ovarian cancer cells divide and multiply in an unregulated way.
Childhood neuroblastoma - cancer of the nervous system to a baby in childhood.
Malignant melanoma - skin cancer.
Soft tissue sarcoma - cancer of the muscle, fat, fibrous tissue, blood vessels, or other supporting tissue of the body.
MELPHALAN COMMON SIDE EFFECTS:
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
· Missed menstrual periods; weakness; temporary hair loss.
· Bone marrow suppression: Sudden weakness or ill feeling, fever, chills, pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding, red or pink urine, painful mouth sores, cough, trouble breathing, feeling light-headed, rapid heart rate;
· Inflammation of your blood vessels: numbness or tingling, red skin rash, unusual lumps or masses, fever, weight loss, muscle or joint pain, tired feeling, unusual bleeding;
· Liver problems: nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice.
MEGVAL MELPHALAN INJECTION PRECAUTIONS:
· Megval may lower the ability of your body to fight infection. Avoid contact with people who have colds or infections. Tell your doctor if you notice signs of infection like fever, sore throat, rash, or chills.
· Do not receive a live vaccine, while you are taking Melphalan. Talk with your doctor before you receive any vaccine.
· Use of Megval may increase your risk of developing another type of cancer. The risk may be greater if you use higher doses of this medicine or if you use it for a longer period of time. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
· Megval may affect the ovaries. This may cause irregular or absent menstrual periods and decreased fertility in some women. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
· Megval may affect the testicles and cause decreased fertility in some men. This may be permanent in some patients. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
· PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Melphalan has been shown to cause harm to the fetus. Avoid becoming pregnant while taking it. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor.
· You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using this medicine while you are pregnant. It is unknown if Generic Melphalan is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking it.
MEDICATION STORAGE REQUIREMENTS:
Store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F).
Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
Cisplatin because the risk of Melphalan's side effects may be increased.
Carmustine (BCNU), cyclosporine, or nalidixic acid because serious lung, kidney, or bowel problems may occur.
Palifermin because if mouth or tongue sores develop, they may be more severe or last longer.