Ralista Raloxifene Tablets 60mg
Brand Name: Ralista
Contents: Raloxifene Tablets 60mg
Packing: 30 Tablets in one pack
Manufactured By: Cipla
RALISTA 60 mg Tablets
Ralista by Cipla is a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM). It works in osteoporosis by decreasing bone breakdown and thinning that may occur in women after menopause. It works to decrease the risk of invasive breast cancer by blocking estrogen in breast and uterine tissue.
MEDICINE USES :
Raloxifene is used for treating and preventing osteoporosis (bone thinning) in women who are past menopause. It is also used to reduce the risk of invasive breast cancer in certain women who are past menopause.
RALISTA RALOXIFENE TABLETS COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
Hot flashes; increased sweating; joint aches; leg cramps.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); abnormal vaginal bleeding; back or side pain; blurred vision, loss of vision, or other vision changes; breast pain, tenderness, swelling, lump or discharge; chest pain; coughing up blood; confusion; flu-like symptoms; leg or calf pain, warmth, or swelling; one-sided weakness; shortness of breath; slurred speech; swelling of the hands, arms, legs or feet; unexplained bleeding.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
SAFETY INFORMATION (Precautions) for RALISTA RALOXIFENE 60 MG TABLETS :
- Follow the diet and exercise program given to you by your health care provider. Talk with your doctor about whether you should take a calcium and vitamin D supplement while you use Ralista.
- Talk with your doctor about the use of weight-bearing exercises to help prevent weak bones.
- Ralista should be stopped at least 72 hours before surgery or any time you will be confined to a bed or chair for a long period of time (eg, long car ride, long plane flight, bedrest, illness). Tell your doctor or dentist that you take this medicine before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery. Tell your doctor if you will be traveling, or any other time you may be confined to a bed or chair.
- If you are traveling (eg, long car ride or plane ride), try to avoid sitting in one place for a long time. Be sure to get up and move around as often as possible to help avoid the risk of blood clots.
- Ralista is not recommended for use in men.
- Lab tests and medical exams, including bone density, breast exams, and mammograms, may be performed while you use Ralista. They may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Raloxifene should not be used in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Do not use Raloxifene if you are pregnant. It may cause harm to the fetus. Avoid becoming pregnant while you are taking it. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor right away. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking this medicine.
This is not a complete list. Ask your health care provider for more information.
MEDICATION STORAGE REQUIREMENTS :
Store Raloxifene Hydrochloride Tablets at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F).
DRUG INTERACTIONS :
Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anion exchange resins (eg, cholestyramine) because they may decrease Raloxifene's effectiveness
- Diazepam, diazoxide, or lidocaine because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Raloxifene.
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Raloxifene
This document does not contain all possible interactions. Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.
We at MedsDelta: Trusted Medicine Supplier has come up with some facts and knowledge sourced from Internet and practitioners’ guidance. Rights, Service mark/Hallmark, Trade names of each medicine associated with the respected manufacturing Organisations. MedsDelta do not provide any medical opinion, body diagnose or treatment through their site. One should always take advice of the prescribed practitioner or doctor for any medical guidance and recommendation of any medicine they purchase. This is determined for Patients, Clinics, Doctors, Hospitals, Medical Institutions, Wholesale Supplier, Pharmacies, Resellers etc.