Ceritinib 150 mg Spexib Capsules Novartis
Brand Name: Spexib
Active Ingredients: Ceritinib
Manufacturer: Novartis Pharma Stein AG
Strength: 150 mg
Packing: 5*10 capsules
WHAT IS SPEXIB Hard Capsules?
Spexib is a type of targeted therapy called a tyrosine kinase inhibitor. Spexib Ceritinib 150mg works by targeting and blocking receptors found on the cancer cells, which in turn blocks the tumor's ability to grow. This medication acts specifically on tumors that have an abnormality in a gene called ALK (anaplastic lymphoma kinase).
Spexib Hard Capsules Uses :
Ceritinib 150mg Capsules comes in a capsule form and indicated for the treatment of patients who are suffering from metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). It is taken once a day, on an empty stomach (take 2 hours before or after eating).
SPEXIB 150MG COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
- Stomach and intestinal problems - diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain ;
- Liver problems - yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes, dark or tea-colored urine, pain in the upper the right side of your stomach, decreased appetite, itchy skin, bleeding or bruising more easily than normal, tiredness ;
- Lung problems - trouble breathing or shortness of breath, chest pain, cough, fever ;
- Heart problems - dizziness, fainting, very fast, very slow, or abnormal heart rate;
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) - increased thirst , increased hunger, urinating more often than normal, fruity-smelling breath, blurred vision, headaches, trouble thinking or concentrating etc.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION about Medicine (Precautions) :
- Before using this medication, tell your pharmacist your medical history, especially of: diabetes or high blood sugar, liver problems. kidney problems etc.
- Ceritinib Capsules are not recommended for use during pregnancy. It may harm an unborn baby. Consult your doctor for more details and to discuss using reliable forms of birth control, while using this medication and for at least 2 weeks after stopping treatment.
- You should not breast-feed while using this medicine. It is not known whether Zykdia 150mg passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby
- Do not change your dose or stop Ceritinib cancer drugs unless your health care provider tells you to.
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
- Do not have immunizations/vaccinations without the consent of your doctor, and avoid contact with people who have recently received oral polio vaccine or flu vaccine inhaled through the nose.
This is not a complete list. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
PROPER STORAGE OF SPEXIB :
Store at 25°C (77°F); excursions are permitted between 15°C and 30°C (59°F and 86°F). Keep it away from moisture and heat. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Ceritinib Capsules out of the reach of children and away from pets.
SPEXIB INTERACTIONS :
Many drugs can interact with Novartis Ceritinib Capsules. Some of them are listed here -
- St. John's wort;
- Warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven);
- An Antibiotic - clarithromycin, telithromycin;
- Antifungal medicine - itraconazole, ketoconazole, posaconazole, voriconazole;
- Heart or blood pressure medicine - nicardipine, quinidine;
- Antiviral medicine to treat hepatitis or HIV/AIDS - atazanavir, boceprevir, cobicistat, delavirdine, efavirenz, fosamprenavir, indinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir, telaprevir;
- Seizure medicine - carbamazepine, phenytoin; or
- Tuberculosis medicine - isoniazid, rifampin, etc.
This document does not contain all possible interactions. Therefore, before using this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist of all the products you use. Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.
We at MedsDelta: Trusted Medicine Supplier has come up with some facts and knowledge sourced from Internet and practitioners’ guidance. Rights, Service mark/Hallmark, Trade names of each medicine associated with the respected manufacturing Organisations. MedsDelta do not provide any medical opinion, body diagnose or treatment through their site. One should always take advice of the prescribed practitioner or doctor for any medical guidance and recommendation of any medicine they purchase. This is determined for Patients, Clinics, Doctors, Hospitals, Medical Institutions, Wholesale Supplier, Pharmacies, Resellers etc.