Tarceva Tablets - Erlotinib 150mg
Brand Name: Tarceva
Active Ingredients: Erlotinib Hydrochloride
Manufacturer: Roche Holding AG
Strength: 150 mg
Packing: Pack of 30 Tablets
ABOUT TARCEVA 150MG TABLETSTARCEVA is targeted therapy. Tarceva is classified as an epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitor - protein-tyrosine kinase inhibitor. It works by helping to stop cancer cells from growing.
ERLOTINIB 150MG TABLETS USES :Tarceva medicine is used for :
Treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Treatment of patients with locally advanced, unresectable or metastatic pancreatic cancer.
Erlotinib 150mg Tablets works by slowing cancer cell growth. It binds to a certain protein (epidermal growth factor receptor-EGFR) in some tumors.
TARCEVA COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :
Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, mouth sores, dry skin, eye dryness/irritation, or unusual eyelash growth may occur. Changes in diet such as eating several small meals or limiting activity may help lessen the chance of nausea. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Tell your doctor right away if any of these rare but very serious side effects occur: signs of kidney problems (such as change in the amount of urine), black stools, vomit that looks like coffee grounds, easy bleeding/bruising, stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes or skin, dark urine, unusual fatigue, signs of infection (e.g., fever, chills, persistent sore throat), eye pain, vision changes.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Generic Tarceva TabletsPrecautions :
· Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: previous cancer treatments (including radiation therapy to the chest), heart disease, high blood pressure, a previous severe reaction to monoclonal antibody treatment.
· Perjeta can make you more likely to get infections or may worsen any current infection. Avoid contact with people who have infections that may spread to others (such as chickenpox, measles, flu). Consult your doctor if you have been exposed to an infection or for more details.
· Do not have immunizations/vaccinations without the consent of your doctor. Avoid contact with people who have recently received live vaccines (such as flu vaccine inhaled through the nose).
· Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. You should not become pregnant while using Pertuzumab. This medication may harm an unborn baby.
· It is unknown if this medication passes into breast milk. Because of the possible risk to the infant, breast-feeding is not recommended while using this drug or for 7 months after the last dose. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
PROPER STORAGE OF TARCEVA TABLETS :
Store at 25°C (77°F); excursions are permitted between 15°C and 30°C (59°F and 86°F).
ERLOTINIB TABLETS INTERACTIONS :
Some products that may interact with this drug include:
"blood thinners" (e.g., warfarin)
corticosteroids (such as prednisone)
drugs that lower stomach acid (some examples are H2 blockers such as famotidine/ranitidine, proton pump inhibitors such as omeprazole)
drugs affecting liver enzymes that remove erlotinib from your body (such as azole antifungals, including itraconazole; macrolide antibiotics, including erythromycin; cimetidine; rifamycins, including rifabutin; St. John's wort; certain anti-seizure medicines, including carbamazepine; HIV protease inhibitors, including ritonavir)
MAO inhibitors (isocarboxazid, linezolid, methylene blue, moclobemide, phenelzine, procarbazine, rasagiline, selegiline, tranylcypromine)
Cigarette smoking decreases blood levels of this medication. Tell your doctor if you smoke or if you have recently stopped smoking.
This document does not contain all possible drug interactions. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist.
We at MedsDelta: Trusted Medicine Supplier has come up with some facts and knowledge sourced from Internet and practitioners’ guidance. Rights, Service mark/Hallmark, Trade names of each medicine associated with the respected manufacturing Organisations. MedsDelta do not provide any medical opinion, body diagnose or treatment through their site. One should always take advice of the prescribed practitioner or doctor for any medical guidance and recommendation of any medicine they purchase. This is determined for Patients, Clinics, Doctors, Hospitals, Medical Institutions, Wholesale Supplier, Pharmacies, Resellers etc.