TemCad 20 mg Temozolomide Capsules
Brand Name: TemCad
Manufacturer: Cadila Pharmaceuticals
Strength: 20 mg
Packing: Pack of 5 Capsules
ABOUT TEMCADTEMCAD is a chemotherapy drug. TEMCAD belongs to a class of drugs known as alkylating agents. It works by slowing or stopping the growth of cancer cells.
MEDICINAL USESTEMCAD interferes with the development of cancer cells, slowing their growth and spread in the body.
TEMCAD is used together with radiation therapy to treat certain types of brain tumor in adults.
TEMCAD COMMON SIDE EFFECTS :Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, mouth sores, changes in taste, constipation, tiredness, dizziness, trouble sleeping, or headache may occur. Nausea and vomiting can be severe. In some cases, your doctor may prescribe medication to prevent or relieve nausea and vomiting. Eating several small meals, not eating before treatment, or limiting activity may help lessen some of these effects. If any of these effects last or get worse, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, such as : symptoms of liver damage (such as stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine).
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
SAFETY INFORMATION (Precautions) :
· Before taking temozolomide, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or to dacarbazine; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
· Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: kidney problems, liver problems, bleeding/blood problems.
· Temozolomide can make you more likely to get infections or may worsen any current infections. Avoid contact with people who have infections that may spread to others (such as chickenpox, measles, flu). Consult your doctor if you have been exposed to an infection or for more details.
· Do not have immunizations/vaccinations without the consent of your doctor. Avoid contact with people who have recently received live vaccines (such as flu vaccine inhaled through the nose).
· To lower the chance of getting cut, bruised, or injured, use caution with sharp objects like razors and nail cutters, and avoid activities such as contact sports.
· This drug may make you dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness until you are sure you can perform such activities safely. Limit alcoholic beverages.
· Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use (such as prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
· Women and older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug, especially increased risk of infection and easy bruising/bleeding.
· Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. You should not become pregnant while using temozolomide. Temozolomide may harm an unborn baby. Men and women should ask about reliable forms of birth control while using this medication. If you or your partner becomes pregnant, talk to your doctor right away about the risks and benefits of this medication
· It is unknown if this drug passes into breast milk. Because of the possible risk to the infant, breast-feeding while using this drug is not recommended. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
PROPER STORAGE OF TEMCAD :Store in a tightly closed container between 2-8°C
TEMCAD INTERACTIONS :Temozolomide may interact with other medications :
This document does not contain all possible drug interactions. Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist.