Viraday Tablets (Tenofovir/ Efavirenz/ Emtricitabine)
Brand name: Viraday
Active ingredient: Efavirenz IP, Emtricitabine IP, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate IP
Manufactured by: Cipla Limited
Strength: Efavirenz IP-600 mg, Emtricitabine IP-200 mg,Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate IP- 300mg
Packing: Pack of 30 tablets
Efavirenz/Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate is a combination antiviral medication that prevents human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) from reproducing in your body. It belongs to class of medication called antiretroviral medicines. It works by inhibiting the enzyme needed for DNA synthesis (nucleoside reverse transcriptase) thereby lowering the growth and decrease the amount of HIV in body. Tenofovir may likewise be utilized to treat ceaseless hepatitis B. It keeps the compounds required for the hepatitis B infection to duplicate from working appropriately. Tenofovirmay help bring down the measure of hepatitis B infection in the body by diminishing the capacity of the infection to increase and contaminate new liver cells.
MEDICINE USES :
Efavirenz/Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate is used to treat HIV, the virus that can cause acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). It is not a cure for HIV or AIDS. This medication is for use in adults and children who are at least 12 years old.
Tenofovir is one of a kind of antiretroviral drugs called nucleoside switch transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs). Turn around transcriptase is a piece of HIV required to contaminate cells and make more infection. Tenofovir keeps switch transcriptase from working appropriately, in this manner bringing down the measure of HIV in the blood. Tenofovir does not cure AIDS, but rather it might back off the movement of the illness.
Viraday Side Effects:
· severe allergic reaction, for example, hives ;shortness of breath; swelling of the face or throat.
· signs of lactic acidosis, for example, stomach pain; dazeness feeling cold; particularly in the arms and legs; expanded breathing rate; sickness quick heart rate; strange tiredness regurgitating.
· signs of pancreatitis, for example, stomach pain on the upper left side back pain; cold fever; queasiness fast heartbeat; swollen abdomen. signs of kidney problems. bone agony or breaks.
· signs of liver problem, for example, dull urine the runs loss of craving.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
Precautions and Warnings:-
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
Always taken in combination with other anti-HIV medicines and never alone
Any signs of skin rash or inflammation or infection
Deep or rapid breathing
Difficulty concentrating or abnormal dreaming
- Taking Tenofovir with alcohol may cause liver issues.
- Viraday Tablet is dangerous to use during pregnancy.
- There is sure proof of human fetal hazard, however the advantages from use in pregnant women might be satisfactory regardless of the hazard, for instance in hazardous circumstances. It would be ideal if you counsel your specialist.
- Viraday Tablet is most likely safe to use during lactation. Restricted human information proposes that the medication does not speak to a noteworthy hazard to the child.Viraday Tablet may influence you to feel mixed up, sluggish, tired, or diminish readiness.
- On the off chance that this happens, don't drive.Viraday Tablet is most likely safe to use in patients with kidney malady.
- Constrained information accessible recommends that measurements change of Viraday Tablet may not be required in these patients.
- It would be ideal if you counsel your specialist. Viraday Tablet is most likely safe to use in patients with liver sickness.
- Restricted information accessible proposes that measurement change of Viraday Tablet may not be required in these patients. If you don't mind counsel your specialist.
MEDICATION STORAGE REQUIREMENTS :
Store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F). Dispense only in original container; do not use if seal on bottle is broken or missing.
DRUG INTERACTIONS :Many drugs can interact with Viraday, and some drugs should not be used together. Your doctor may need to change your treatment plan if you are taking any of the following drugs:
clarithromycin (Biaxin), methadone, St. John's wort;
an antidepressant--bupropion (Wellbutrin, Zyban), sertraline (Zoloft);
antifungal medicine--itraconazole (Sporanox), posaconazole (Noxafil), or voriconazole (Vfend);
any other HIV medicines--darunavir, didanosine, efavirenz, indinavir, lopinavir, ritonavir
cholesterol medication--atorvastatin (Lipitor), pravastatin (Pravachol)
This document does not contain all possible interactions. Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.