Zoldonat 4mg Zoledronic Injection
Brand Name: Zoldonat 4mg
Content Name: zoledronate 4mg (Zoledronic Acid
Strength: 4 mg
Manufactured By: Natco Pharma Limited
ZOLDONAT is in a group of medicines called bisphosphonates (bis FOS fo nayts). This medicine inhibits the release of calcium from bones. Zoledronic Acid is a supportive care drug in the category of bisphosphonates.
Zoldonat USES :
Natco Zoledronic acid is used as a support medication to treat symptoms of cancer such as hypercalcemia (high blood calcium levels) or to decrease complications (such as fractures or pain) produced by bone metastasis (spread of cancer to the bone). It is also used in treatment of Osteoporosis and other bone diseases.
Zoldonat SIDE EFFECTS :
nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite; diarrhea, constipation; bone pain, back pain, muscle or joint pain; swelling in your feet or ankles; weight loss; headache, tiredness, weakness, dizziness; numbness or tingling; cough, trouble breathing; or sleep problems (insomnia).
Call your doctor at once if you have:
- fever, chills, flu symptoms, flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling); severe joint, bone, or muscle pain; new or unusual pain in your thigh or groin;
- pale skin, feeling light-headed or short of breath; hypocalcemia--numbness or tingly feeling in your fingers or toes or around your mouth, twitching, muscle spasms or cramps; signs of a kidney problem--little or no urinating; painful or difficult urination; swelling, rapid weight gain; feeling tired or short of breath; or
- severe skin reaction--fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling.
- Serious side effects on the kidneys may be more likely in older adults.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
- Do not use Zoldonat if you are pregnant. It could harm the unborn baby.
- Tell each of your healthcare providers about all your medical conditions, allergies, and all medicines you use.
- Some people using medicines similar to Zoldonat have developed bone loss in the jaw, also called osteonecrosis of the jaw. Symptoms of this condition may include jaw pain, swelling, numbness, loose teeth, gum infection, or slow healing after injury or surgery involving the gums.
- Avoid having any type of dental surgery while you are being treated with Zoldonat. It may take longer than normal for you to recover.
- Zoldonat can harm your kidneys. This effect is increased when you also use other medicines harmful to the kidneys, such as: chemotherapy, antiviral medication, pain or arthritis medicine, injected antibiotics, or medicines to treat a bowel disorder or prevent organ transplant rejection.
This is not a complete list. Ask your health care provider for more information.
Zoldonat STORAGE REQUIREMENTS :
Store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F) excursions permitted between 15° to 30°C (59° to 86°F)
Zoldonat INTERACTIONS :
While using this medication, you should not be treated with other bisphosphonates, including other brands of zoledronic acid used to prevent or treat bone loss (osteoporosis).
Also tell your doctor or pharmacist of drugs that may be harmful to your kidneys such as: aminoglycoside antibiotics (e.g., gentamicin, tobramycin), amphotericin B, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs such as ibuprofen), tacrolimus.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Zoledronate may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.